The SAMMI Line blinds are safety devices required to isolate equipment and blind off pipe lines. Positive pipeline Shut-off is vital in many piping systems to assure safety of personnel working on downstream equipment, particularly when flammable or toxic products could leak past a closure. When visible proof of isolation is necessary, a line blind is a mandatory safety device to comply with plant regulations.
The SAMMI line blinds offer a unique non-spreading design which performs the blinding operation without spreading the process pipe. Therefore no stress is put to the process pipe while changing the spectacle plate. No tools are required to perform this operation!
– Tank farms
– Shipboard lines
– Pump isolation
– Vessel inlets
– Loading stations
– Filtration systems
– Mixing lines
– Clean out ports
– Steam lines
– Pig launching stations
– Tank vents
– Lock out tag out systems
– Fuel lines
– Man ways
– LNG ships
– Ethylene furnaces
AVAILABLE SIZES AND STANDARD
– Standard size range is from ½” to 48”
– Standards; ANSI 150 to 1500 lbs,
– Other pressure classes up to ANSI 2500 # available upon request.
– Carbon steel Body with Stainless steel for wetted parts
– All stainless steel construction
– Marine package
– Special materials available upon request
– PTFE or Viton O-rings.
– Graphite seal rings for high temperature applications
– Special seal ring material available upon request
– Very quick “one man operation” – no pipe spreading
– Operation by one handwheel or automation – positive visual indication of position.
– No tools required. – pipe load supported opened or closed – can be operated from one side of the pipe.
Please click on the image to download a pdf of the brochure.